Bago – 50 miles northeast of Yangon on the old highway to Mandalay – was once the capital of southern Myanmar
- Catch sunset at the Golden Rock, one of the most famous and revered pilgrimage sites in Myanmar
- View the massive Shwe Thalyaung Buddha Image
- Visit the powerful Allied War Graves cemetery and memorial
WHY BOOK WITH US?
2 DAYS GOLDEN ROCK & BAGO Itinerary
Morning pickup in Yangon and drive 2hrs/80km to Bago, where we take a walk through the Bago market and visit a Buddhist Monastery for a brief introduction to monastic life and Myanmar Buddhism. After observing monks gather for their last meal of the day before noon it is time for us to head to a local restaurant for a lunch break (own account). After lunch we continue 3.5hrs/110km to Kin Pun base camp to change our mode of transport to an open truck and travel next 12km to summit ridge of the mountain range. The Golden Rock, or Kyaikhtiyo as the Burmese call it, is a fascinating sacred boulder covered in gold leaf and balanced precariously on the edge of a cliff. Crowning the boulder is a small shrine believed to contain Buddha’s hair relics, the source of the gravity defying magic. A continual stream of pilgrims from Myanmar and Asia come to witness the wonder at least once in their life time. Enjoy the tranquil sunset, soak in the unique atmosphere and share in wonder with fellow monk, nun, and lay pilgrims.
Wake up early for lovely sunrise views and a quiet morning stroll. Breakfast at the hotel before descending back to the Kin Pun base camp. We drive 3.5hrs/110km to Bago, one of richest archeological sites in Myanmar and the ancient capital of Mon Kingdom. Touring the Snake Pagoda where giant Burmese python is worshipped, visit pottery village to observe local production methods, at buffalo shrine learn some countryside values and beliefs and find out about Myanmar traditional medicine and its exotic ingredients such as scorpions. Should you wish we can also visit the Kyaik Pun Pagoda with its four giant Buddha images and the reclining Buddha resting near-by. The rest of the 2hrs/80km drive to Yangon is broken up with visits to a Nat Three Shrine dedicated to a legendary nat spirit, and the Allied Troops War Cemetery honoring 6,000 war heroes of WWII. The Golden Rock excursion ends at guests’ hotel in Yangon or at Yangon airport.
- 01 nights shared Accommodation in twin/double room with daily breakfast at the below indicated room types (see hotel category list below) (check in and check out around noontime)
- All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles (types of vehicles depending on the number of pax):
- Local English/ Spainish speaking station guides
- All entrance fees as program
- Meals (B/L/D) (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) as indicated in the program (Local food):
- Daily breakfasts at hotels
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day on bus on days of transfer and sightseeing only
- Airfares (international and domestic)
- Meals (other than mentioned in the program) and Drinks
- Visa to Myanmar
- Early check in or late check out
- Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, beverages…)
- Peak season surcharges if any
Experience this 10 days spiritual Myanmar for a real feel for the magic of the country and its people, beginning in the shimmering city of Yangon, and then onto Mandalay, where local crafts, ancient cities and the world’s largest book await you. The extraordinary caves near Monywa are a sight to behold, bettered only by … Read more10 DAYS SPIRITUAL MYANMAR
Yangon is located at about 30 km from the sea in the fertile delta of southern Myanmar, on the banks of the Yangon River. The city is practically a jungle. Yangon is Myanmar’s largest city, with beautiful colonial style buildings and colorful markets in the street.
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?