Yangon is located at about 30 km from the sea in the fertile delta of southern Myanmar, on the banks of the Yangon River. The city is practically a jungle. Yangon is Myanmar’s largest city, with beautiful colonial style buildings and colorful markets in the street.
- See the stunning Shwedagon Pagoda capped in gold and glowing in the sunset
- Walk through the colonial-style city center
- Visit Bogyoke (Scott) Market, the most famous market in Yangon
WHY BOOK WITH US?
2 DAYS YANGON CITY EXPLORE Itinerary
Upon arrival to the Yangon airport, you will be welcomed by your guide and transferred to your hotel. Our journey begins with a walk through the colonial-style city center of Yangon. We visit the golden Sule Paya stupa – built over 2,000 years ago and the focal point of numerous historical events in the city – the Maha Bandula Park & the Independence Monument. Then visit the vibrant Little India with numerous street vendors and markets where the walking tour ends. Next visit is the Chauk That Gyi pagoda to view its magnificent reclining Buddha, and Karaweik Hall to marvel at the uniquely decorated “hamsa-bird-shaped” floating barge on Kandawgyi (Royal) Lake. We complete the day with a visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments, the Shwedagon Pagoda, a gleaming bell dome structure that dominates the city’s skyline. Legends state that the sacred hairs of the Buddha are enshrined here. The Shwedagon is an iconic symbol of the country, a sight not to be missed.
We visit Bogyoke (Scott) Market, where hundreds of gemstone, handicrafts, art, clothes and food stores are tucked in a maze of color (Please note that the market is closed on Mondays and on public holidays). This morning is free at your leisure in Yangon and do some last minute shopping before flying back home or on to your next destination. End of services.
- 01 nights shared Accommodation in twin/double room with daily breakfast at the below indicated room types (see hotel category list below) (check in and check out around noontime)
- All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles (types of vehicles depending on the number of pax):
- Local English/ Spainish speaking station guides
- All entrance fees as program
- Meals as indicated in the program (Local food)
- Daily breakfasts at hotels
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day on bus on days of transfer and sightseeing only.
- Airfares (international and domestic)
- Meals (other than mentioned in the program)
- Visa to Myanmar
- Early check in or late check out
- Optional excursions and activities
- Peak season surcharges if any
Experience this 10 days spiritual Myanmar for a real feel for the magic of the country and its people, beginning in the shimmering city of Yangon, and then onto Mandalay, where local crafts, ancient cities and the world’s largest book await you. The extraordinary caves near Monywa are a sight to behold, bettered only by … Read more10 DAYS SPIRITUAL MYANMAR
Bago – 50 miles northeast of Yangon on the old highway to Mandalay – was once the capital of southern Myanmar
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?